There are specific criteria that have to be met to run both of those monitors. Below are the drive cycles that should complete them.
You can ignore the connect the HDS to monitor the system. That is the Honda Diagnostic System, AKA Hondas factory scan tool.
If neither one will clear after the drive cycles then you may want to have a factory level scan tool connected to see if there are codes set that block the tests from running. There are factory codes that can be set that do not trigger the CEL.
Catalytic Converter Monitor and Readiness Code
- Do not turn the ignition switch off during the procedure.
- All readiness codes are cleared when the battery is disconnected, if the DTCs have been cleared, or if the ECM/PCM is reset with the HDS.
- Low ambient temperatures or excessive stop-and-go traffic may increase the drive time needed to switch the readiness code from incomplete to complete.
- The readiness code will not switch to complete until all the enable criteria are met.
- If a fault in the secondary HO2S system caused the MIL to come on, the readiness code cannot be set to complete until you correct the fault.
- Engine coolant temperature (ECT SENSOR 1) at 158 F (70 C) or more.
- Intake air temperature (IAT SENSOR) at 20 F ( -7 C) or more.
- Vehicle speed sensor (VSS) above 25 mph (40 km/h).
1. Connect the HDS to the vehicle's data link connector (DLC), and bring up the READINESS CODEs screen for Catalyst in the DTCs MENU.
2. Start the engine.
3. Test-drive the vehicle under stop-and-go conditions with short periods of steady cruise. After about 5 miles (8 km), the readiness code should switch to complete.
4. If the readiness code is still not set to complete, check for a Temporary DTC with the HDS. If there is no DTC, one or more of the enable criteria were probably not met; repeat the procedure.
Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Control System Monitor and Readiness Code
NOTE: All readiness codes are cleared when the battery is disconnected, if the DTCs have been cleared, or if the ECM/PCM is reset with the HDS.
- Battery voltage is more than 10.5 V.
- Engine at idle.
- Engine coolant temperature (ECT SENSOR 1 and 2) between 176 F(80 C) and 212 F (100 C).
- MAP sensor less than 46.6 kPa (14 in. Hg, 350 mmHg).
- Vehicle speed (VSS) 0 mph (0 km/h),
- Intake air temperature (IAT SENSOR) between 32 F (0 C) and 212 F(100 C).
1. Connect the HDS to the DLC.
2. Start the engine.
3. Select EVAP TEST in the INSPECTION MENU with the HDS, then select the FUNCTION TEST in the EVAP TEST MENU.
- If the result is normal, readiness is complete.
- If the result is not normal, go to the next step.
4. Check for a Temporary DTC. If there is no DTC, one or more of the enable criteria were probably not met; repeat the procedure.
Thursday, July 26th, 2018 AT 8:11 AM