2005 Citroen C4 low oil pressure warning light illuminated

KILDAREJOHN
  • 2005 CITROEN C4

2005 Citroen C4 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual

just done head gasket on 1.4 c4 and everything was fine for 3 days then car was towed back. The owner said that the "stop engine" light was on and a message saying "low oil pressure" The engine oil was changed along with a new oil filter when head gasket was done. Not leaking oil either, changed oil pressure switch but still the same. Only happens after 15-20 mins driving ie. When hot and only at idle or immediatly after rev. Only 80,000 km on car.
Whats going on?

Wednesday, July 8th, 2009 AT 9:34 AM

Check the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge to determine if its the oil pressure switch, oil pump and engine bearings.

+1
Wednesday, July 8th, 2009 AT 10:01 AM
KILDAREJOHN

Ya, thanks. Just waiting for oil pressure gauge now but dont think its bearings cos the engine sounds sweet, no knocks or rattles even when cold! Could it be an electronic fault? I know citroens are notorious for these kind of problems

Wednesday, July 8th, 2009 AT 11:01 AM
MARCO@SIMNET.IS

I've the same problem. The car has only 37.000 km.
The stop warning comes after 1 km drive, usually after breaking.
I also expect an answer from an expert.

-1
Tuesday, October 6th, 2009 AT 1:19 PM
DJMEADOWS

I have also had the same problem with my 2005 C4, which has done 38,000. The warning and STOP light comes on mainly when I am parking or slowing down, but not always and sometimes not at all. I had a new oil pressure switch fitted today, which seemed OK until I got home and restarted it to put it in my garage. The auto repairers I used had said that it appeared to be in good running order with no sign of low oil pressure problems. Can anyone shed any light on this, or let me know how yours was sorted?

Friday, October 9th, 2009 AT 11:40 AM
DJMEADOWS

I have noticed today that there is an new oil leak that seems to be coming from around the oil filter. Cannot get it seen to till Monday, but maybe a clogged filter is the root of the problem. It won't have been replaced for 18,000 miles, since last service.

+1
Saturday, October 10th, 2009 AT 10:14 AM
PEPSIFUDGE

My car has just started to show this problem!Once engine running at full temp ie come down a motorway sliproad to a stop and for a second the STOP OIL PRESSURE TOO LOW warning light comes on then goes off until a similar scenario causes a repeat but the light is on and off again within 1 second. This is doing my nut in so I changed the filter replaced the oil ( 50 quid) but still it happens. The engine has allways been tappetty(sp) first thing in the morning but apart from that it runs sweet.(1.4 Petrol 45,000) Am I doing damage for a split second?

-2
Wednesday, October 21st, 2009 AT 4:15 PM
DJMEADOWS

After discovering the oil leak from the oil filter, I had the oil and filter changed. This was over a week ago and it is now running fine.

+1
Wednesday, October 21st, 2009 AT 4:56 PM