POWER DOOR LOCKS

2005 Chrysler Town and Country

arthurmajig

June, 20, 2008 AT 12:14 PM

Interior problem
2005 Chrysler Town and Country 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 45000 miles

The power door locks are not working. The remote still beeps as if the system is armed, but the doors do not lock. The interior lock button will also not function. The only method of locking/unlocking the vehicle is manually at each door. The old fashioned way!

drmartin25

June, 23, 2008 AT 8:05 PM

I am having the exact same problem. If you get a reply, please forward it to me at drmartin25@juno. Com

I will post anything that I find here for you.

Thanks!

drmartin25

June, 23, 2008 AT 8:39 PM

I just got done searching some other sites and found the answer to my problem with the door locks.

I just went out and replaced the IOD fuse. It was a 20 amp fuse. All of the lock features work again!

Good luck with yours!

uscgro

August, 9, 2008 AT 11:39 PM

Thanks for posting this info! It saved my bacon. I couldn't figure out which fuse that system was tied into. Thanks much!

smum4171

October, 16, 2008 AT 9:48 PM

I just had my 42,000 mile service on my 2005 Town & Country today. When I arrive home my power door lock stopped working. Thanks for sharing about the IOD fuse. I took it out tested with a multitester and it's not broken. I put it back and my power door lock works right away.

popoman

November, 3, 2008 AT 5:47 PM

Thanks for the advise. Today I started having the same problem with my Town and Country. I pulled the fuse out and put it back in and it worked great. It also fixed the problem I was having with the Driver Side rear power vent window. Several months ago it stopped working and I couldn't figure out the problem. That fuse fixed that problem as well.

meyer_benyumen

November, 28, 2008 AT 7:38 PM

I also had a problems with the power doors on a 2005 Town & Country. The software for the BCM had to be reinstalled. Then the liftgate got a mind of its own: it started opening and closing by itself. I pulled the liftgate fuse first to make it stop. I didn't want to have to go back to the dealer again. Pulling the IOD fuse for 20 seconds seems to have worked. This supposedly reboots the BCM.

tschlemm

December, 6, 2008 AT 3:03 PM

You guys are great - took me awhile to find the IOD fuse, but once pulled and reset the problem is resolved.

Does anyone know how to reset the Perform Service reminder in the overhead console?

dvorakce

Scroll through the display (where you can get gas mileage, number of miles driven, etc.). Once you get to the display that says " Number of Miles to Service" or something along those lines, press and hold RESET. The counter will reset back to 3,000 miles.

phowell

I have been doing the trick with the IOD fuse for some time now. Every once in a while my locks stop working and I have to pull the fuse again. The problem now is that has stopped working. Also, the automatic lock for the driver's side sliding door never works, even after pulling the fuse. My daughter killed the battery in the car several years ago which started all these problems. Not sure what to do now.

ejb272

Thanks for the information re. T & C locks. I brought it to the dealer and they said " it was fine, the locks work perfectly". I think they did the IOD trick and didn't want to admit it. Anyway, it worked for me. Thanks a lot!

Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement