Wont start code

AMBURGYW
  • 2002 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY

Electrical problem 3.8L Two Wheel Drive Automatic

System was shorted while someone was trying to bypass the a/c low pressure switch. Now the van won't start. There is power to the tps, map, cam sensor, crank sensor, and even the low pressure switch. BUT there is NO power going to the coil pack! Is there a fuseable link in this circuit?

Yes, there is power to injectors; 9.6v at initial turn to the on position and then.16v while turning over. Yes there is power to the brown and white wire, @10v on initial turn to on then @.16v while turning the engine over. But no spark. Fuel pump running at right times.

Checked camshaft sensor it has voltage. How do I check the sensor itself? I ran an OBD-II scan and there are no codes. I cant find the crankshaft sensor. Where is it located? I have the 3.8L.

Got the crank sensor out, Checked for voltage and all was good. Is there a way to check the sensors themselves with a multimeter? An what about continuity from the pcm to the sensors?

Are there any fusible links that might cause this kind of problem?

Any advise would be great. Thanks

Friday, April 24th, 2009 AT 9:56 PM

Yes there is a fusible link up by the TIPM under the hood. Here are some guides to help you test the system to see where you are losing power.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

(Here are some fuse panel and fusible link diagrams below)

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers

+1
Friday, April 24th, 2009 AT 10:26 PM
AMBURGYW

Yep it was the fusible link was blown we replaced it and everything works great.

Thanks for all your help. I really do appreciate it. I was thinking of having the van towed to the dealer so it can be checked out. I found a way to save $$$. Again thank you.

I love this site I will tell me friends how great you guys are. God bless.

Saturday, April 25th, 2009 AT 1:33 PM

Related Engine Not Starting Content