2002 Chrysler Town and Country Brake lights not working

ANGI_MARIE26
  • 2002 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY

Brakes problem
2002 Chrysler Town and Country 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

Today I was driving and was flagged by another driver to tell me that my brake lights don't work. The middle one, on the hatch lights up, but the side ones don't. Checked bulbs and connections. All other lights work, tail lights and blinkers. We've looked and can't figure out what could be causing this.

Wednesday, April 22nd, 2009 AT 11:32 PM

BLUELIGHTNIN6

Suspect faulty brake light swich. The two rear brake lights are ran through the brake switch (located at upper brake pedal arm) and the high mount brake light is ran through a relay so it is not effected if the brake switch fails.

Thanks for using 2CarPros. Com!

+1
Thursday, April 23rd, 2009 AT 12:09 AM
AUNTBEE83
  • 2002 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY

2002 Chrysler Town and Country V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic

I have no brake or tail lights on either side, but both turn signals work. I've checked the bulbs, they are alright but cannot find where the fuses are for the brake lights. Can you help me?

Tuesday, September 19th, 2017 AT 2:34 PM (Merged)
BMRFIXIT

Check fuse 26 its 20A fuse
fuses located under hood beside battery

BRAEDYNLA
  • 1997 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY

My lower brake lights went out at the same time. The upper brake light still works. I tired replacing the bulbs with no luck. Tried replacing the brake switch, also no luck. Could it simply be a fuse (where would I find it)? Please help.

The highmount brake lamp and lower brake lamps get voltage from the same fuse. So I don't think the problem is the fuse.

At the lower brake lites, white wire with tan tracer is voltage, so use a test light and check for voltage, brake pedal depressed, if no voltage we will have to backtrack circuit. There is a splice on that circuit, may have to find that splice if no voltage.

BRAEDYNLA

Thank you I will try that!

Let us know what you find.

BRAEDYNLA

So I have checked the fuses, checked all the wires with voltage meter and they are all working. I had a friend who is a mechanic test the wires and he told me since the wires are all getting power I need to replace the whole taillight assembly. If it is on the brake lights that are bad can I just replace the sockets that the bulb goes into?

+1

As long as you have good voltage and ground for the lamp, you can replace electrical connector.

I wouldn't think electrical connectors on both side would go out at the same time. I think something else is going on. Remember you got to have voltage and ground for the circuit to work. Do your tail lamps and turn signals work ok? They use the same ground as the brake lamp.

BRAEDYNLA

Ok so I checked the electrical where it plugs into the board on the taillight assembly. I have power when I press the brake pedal. I have turn signals and hazard lights. The left brake light went out and then within a mile the other one went out. They did go out at the exact same moment just very close together

+1

W/o being able to look at it, I don't know what else to tell you? IF circuit board is faulty, I don't know what else, except replace lamp assembly?

Just for testing, you could try using separate voltage wires, jumper wires off battery voltage. Use separate jumper wires from one side to the other, so one side can't kill the other side. See if brake lamps will stay on. You don't have to use brake pedal. With the jumper, you might use an inline fuse, just in case.

If the stop lamps come on and stay on, I don't think it is the lamp assembly. I've been racking my brain trying to figure something w/o being able to look at vehicle. I'm about at the end of my rope. Lol

+1
BKLACEY
  • 2006 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY

2006 chrysler town and country rear brake lights not working. Upper brake light is working rear turn signals not working. Rear running lights work?

DANLESABRE

Have you tried changing the bulbs?

+2
INDY83
  • 2006 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRYCHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY

I have a 2002 Chrysler T&C with a 3.8 motor. I have 106m miles and my brake lights aren't working. Even worse, I figured out this morning that it effects my cruise. I hit my brakes to turn off my cruise and it didn't turn off my cruise!

The fuse is good and the bulbs are good. Do I have some sort of relay in the fuse box for brake lights or could it be the switch somewhere on the brake pedal itself?

Thanks you in advance for your help.

BOOTDOG

Check for blown fuses and the brake light switch which is on the pedal.

RUBANTIN
  • 1998 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY

1998 Chrysler Town and Country 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 255000 miles

The drivers side front AND rear parking lights on my 1998 chrysler T&C stopped working. Checked the bulbs, relay and fuse and they are fine. Passenger side lights, Brake and turn signal lights work fine.

RACEFAN966

Have you check the turn signal flasher?

RUBANTIN

Turn signal is working fine

RACEFAN966

Sorry my bad still have another question in mind. Did you check the light sockets? If you have a test light check for power to the socket. Let me know what you find.

Tuesday, September 19th, 2017 AT 2:35 PM (Merged)
RUBANTIN

Its late will check in the morning. I replaced 3 of the 5 lights in question with no results though.