2001 Chrysler Town and Country No Fire!

BLBAIN
  • 2001 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY
Greetings. I have a 2001 T&C. I was driving it a few days ago and it just shut off. It cranks strong but doesn't fire at all. I have verified that it is pumping fuel. I used a spark plug tester to determine I am not getting spark. OBD II Codes are P0442, P0118, P0123, P00455, & P1193. I have researched these codes as best I could but none of them seem to indicate anything that would prevent a start. I have been told to check the Crankshaft sensor but the description in the Chilton's manual is so vague I can't actually find the dang thing. It has also been suggested that it might be the PCM. Is there any way to test the PCM independently? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Friday, June 26th, 2009 AT 10:42 AM

DOCFIXIT
Hi
This should be good lots of codes. Three of the five all point to possible PCM fault. So need some info locate the ECT will be in intake near thermostat housing. Measure voltage on violet/orange wire? Then post. Crankshaft sensor right side engine below exhaust manifold about middle block. Need to get at underneath.
Let me know
Thanks for donate
If Chilton can show you 5volt PCM reference check voltage on TPS and Inlet air temp sensor
Friday, June 26th, 2009 AT 2:11 PM
BLBAIN
Okay, well, finally, after some additional experimentation and testing we determined to replace the PCM. Got a used one and installed it and the van fires right up. Now, it only runs for about two seconds and then turns off. It will start right back up again, run for about two seconds, and switch off. I suspect that this is actually something to do with the smart key tech but if I have to tow the van to a dealer (25 miles away) and then pay to have everything reprogrammed that is going to have to wait until I can afford it. Am I on the right track here? Any money saving tips? Thanks for your help.
Thursday, July 16th, 2009 AT 9:37 AM
DOCFIXIT
The PCM needs to be programed and SKIM secret key data must be programed for vehicle to run. Sorry don't have any money saving tips.
Thursday, July 16th, 2009 AT 12:34 PM
GILLYS
HI
I own a 2001 t&c lxi with 150000 miles.
A few days ago it just would not fire.
We tried replaceing coil and the crank shaft, no fire.
Fuel flows, electric is fine.
Some guy ran hooked it up and got some codes(i don't know which).
He says I need to replace the bcm(body control module).
Another shop took their chances or "my chances" I should say, and claims I need a pcm not a bcm.
I am realy hoping this could be done without spending a furtone.
I was wondering how did it work out for you, it seems you had a similar problem.
Thank you very much for sharing your experience.
Pinny

[/quote:2bcbf195bd]
Tuesday, October 6th, 2009 AT 1:07 PM