BUBBLING AIR IN THE RESERVOIR

Chrysler Sebring

dfuller

May, 13, 2007 AT 4:10 PM

My wife drives a 2001 Chrysler Sebring Limited convertible with 105,000 miles on a 2.7 Liter, 24 valve DOHC. Afrer driving for any extended period of time, I have recently notice that there is a bubbling sound coming from under the hood. When I raise the hood, I notice the sound is coming from the Radiator water reservoir. At first I thought the water was boiling but after a closer look, it seems like mabye short bursts of air are going into it and making the water bubble. Each bubbling sequence lasts about 2 seconds or so and they are a couple of seconds apart. The car does not seem to be overheating as the dashboard temperature gauge stays just below the 50% mark throughout the drive. We are running the air conditioning while driving. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks for your help,
Dennis
Memphis, TN

Service Writer

May, 13, 2007 AT 5:51 PM

If a headgasket ruptures onto the cooling system, it can pressurize the cooling system and cause bubbles like this. There is a chemical that can be added to the coolant that will tell you if it is exhaust gases.

Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front
Oil Change and Oil Filter Replacement VW