Sorry for the delay. There are two different styles of ignition switch and I didn't want to waste your time with the wrong one. To add to the misery, my clunky old desktop computer won't run Chrysler's web site correctly so I had to repair my laptop, (for the sixth time this year!), To get to that site.
I'm working on sending you copies of the line drawings but it will be easier if I switch to the other computer. Here is a list of instructions to remove the ignition switch. I wouldn't remove it just yet. All you need to do is get the covers off to gain access to the wires. You can skip step one too.
The ignition switch attaches to the lock cylinder housing on the end opposite the lock cylinder Ignition Switch - Viewed From Below Column For ignition switch terminal and circuit identification, Refer to Wiring Diagrams.
1. Disconnect negative cable from auxillary jumper terminal on driver's side strut tower.
2. Remove fuse panel cover from left end of instrument panel. Remove screw holding end of instrument panel top cover Instrument Panel Top Cover - Left End
3. Pull center bezel off Center Bezel
4. Remove screws holding instrument panel top cover to center of instrument panel Instrument Panel Top Cover - Center
5. Pull instrument panel top cover up enough to gain access to knee bolster screws Knee Bolster Attaching Points
6. Remove lower knee bolster screws and knee bolster.
7. Remove screws from lower steering column shroud Lower Steering Column Shroud Screw Locations
8. Pull lower shroud to clear ignition cylinder and key release, if equipped Remove Lower Shroud From Ignition Cylinder
9. Hold tilt wheel lever down and slide lower shroud forward to remove it from column Lower Shroud Removal
10. Tilt wheel to full down position and remove upper steering column shroud.
11. Remove screws holding multi-function switch to lock housing Multi-Function Switch Removal/Installation
12. Place key cylinder in RUN position. Depress lock cylinder retaining tab and remove key cylinder Lock Cylinder Removal
13. Disconnect electrical connectors from ignition switch Ignition Switch and Ignition Switch Connectors
14. Remove ignition switch mounting screw Ignition Switch with a #10 Torx tamper proof bit.
15. Depress retaining tabs Ignition Switch - Viewed From Below Column and pull ignition switch from steering column.
1. Ensure the ignition switch is in the RUN position and the actuator shaft in the lock housing is in the RUN position.
2. Carefully install the ignition switch. The switch will snap over the retaining tabs Ignition Switch Installation Install mounting screw Ignition Switch
3. Install electrical connectors to ignition switch.
4. Install upper and lower shrouds.
5. Install key cylinder (cylinder retaining tab will depress only in the RUN position)
6. Connect negative cable to battery.
7. Check for proper operation of ignition switch and key-in warning switch.
I'll be back with another reply shortly.
Friday, September 3rd, 2010 AT 4:34 PM