2004 Chrysler Pacifica ckeck engine light

FBONILLA
  • 2004 CHRYSLER PACIFICA
  • AWD
Check engine light on
I had the code read at advanced auto parts store and came up as emissions control system (small leak) They told me it could be the gas cap so I checked it and had the codes erased. Checked engine light appeared again so checked under the hood and under the car for visible leaks from hoses could not see any. Can you please help me?
Saturday, January 5th, 2008 AT 11:05 PM

ZEEKSTER
How does it drive? Does it idle rough? What about the fuel economy, has it gone down lately? You might need your fuel lines checked to make sure that there are no tiny holes that could cause leaks. Car electronic systems have a very low tolerance to even the most minuscule fuel vapor leak. I believe this is for "environmental reasons".
Tuesday, April 15th, 2008 AT 7:55 PM
FRED WILLIAMS2
When you have a leak like this it's not a fuel leak, you might have a leak in the emission system. Take it to a shop to pull the codes and do a smoke test of all your lines. Give us the code next time and we can help with the diagnosis
Tuesday, June 25th, 2019 AT 4:31 PM