1994 CHRYSLER NEW YORKER OVERHEATING

• Missa4816
  • 1994 CHRYSLER NEW YORKER

Engine Cooling problem
1994 Chrysler New Yorker 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

my car is continuing to overheat I have flushed the radiator and I have changed the thermostat and now I dont know where else to go I am very confused

Monday, May 25th, 2009 AT 10:17 PM

• Mhpautos

Hi there,
Did you get the radiator cleaned & flow tested? Often a radiator can be partially blocked and you will have flow, if you just use a garden hose, also check that the fans are turning on when the temp comes up, start here.

Tuesday, May 26th, 2009 AT 1:27 AM
  • Missa4816

I have done that I have also replaced the thermastat I was wondering if the radiator could be bad?

Tuesday, May 26th, 2009 AT 1:35 PM
  • Mhpautos

Hi there,

If it was flow tested and passed ok by a radiator specialist it will be ok, check the cap is holding correct pressure, no external leaks, fans are turning on thermostat is ok (boil it up in a pot on your stove and make sure it opens) remove heater hose and check that you have flow to prove water pump is ok, ( do this cold) try this next.

+1
Tuesday, May 26th, 2009 AT 5:36 PM