1991 CHRYSLER IMPERIAL TWO WHEEL DRIVE ...

1991 Chrysler Imperial

romangirl0374

November, 12, 2009 AT 7:26 PM

1991 Chrysler Imperial Two Wheel Drive Automatic

The car hadn't been used in a year or so. After driving it for about 45 minutes to an hour I felt a click or sort of jolt with some minor shaking towards the front bottom of the car. Before this when I would press the gas and let go the car would cruise for a while and slow down slowly. After this I had to press hard on the gas constantly and when I remove my foot from the gas the car slows to a stop almost instantly. What caused this?
-Dani

hmac300

February, 14, 2010 AT 7:49 AM

You either have an axle problem or something has gone wrong in the transmission. Take it to a trans shop. Letthem look at it.

caradiodoc

February, 14, 2010 AT 11:10 PM

I'd suspect a sticking brake caliper. Stop on a slight incline, put the car in neutral, release the brake pedal, and see if the car creeps ahead due to gravity. I'll bet it doesn't.

Due to their low cost, it's best to replace both calipers at the same time for even braking.

Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8