1990 CHRYSLER IMPERIAL WHAT WOULD MAKE MY MOTOR KNOCK..

• 90imperial
  • 1990 Chrysler Imperial

Noises problem
1990 Chrysler Imperial 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 89,000 miles

i baught a motor from a salvage yard for $730 and the guy told me it is good motor, don't smoke or knock or anything. But we got it here swapt the intake plenum cause the motor is a 91 and my wiring harnis is 1990 as the car. But everything is hooked up, I did a tune up, (oil, plugs, wires, new coil) but it knocks and if u give it alot of gas it blows black smoke. I know black smoke is too much gas not burning, but the knocking. Please please help

Friday, March 20th, 2009 AT 7:25 PM

• rasmataz

Could be an oil pump or an engine bearings problem if its lower part of the engine your hurting big time -you got zipped sorry to say.

Saturday, March 21st, 2009 AT 5:50 AM
  • 90imperial

I believe it is from the rockers but not 100% sure. I don't know if they are adjustable or not. But anyways thanks not really what I wanted to hear lol but I thought so my self

if u were in the situation what would u do. Try and fix the problem or return the motor for a refund?

Saturday, March 21st, 2009 AT 3:06 PM
  • rasmataz

Return the motor for a refund? Get the $$$$$$ back and get one that has no problem, you don't need this kind of stuffs-you wanna nice decent ride not half dead that will dump you out in the desert that will cause you to walk 300miles back to get help I've been here before and its not funny.

Saturday, March 21st, 2009 AT 8:46 PM
  • 90imperial

I live in arizona and theres plenty of desert here. Good idea I will return it, thanks

Saturday, March 21st, 2009 AT 11:34 PM