Kids Playing w/ Windshield Wiper knob, Not Working now

HULAMOMMY
  • CHRYSLER GRAND VOYAGER

I have a 2003 Chrysler Voyager with 52,000 mileage. My son was turning the windshield wiper knob and may have possibly overturned the knob because the markings were no longer lined up with the wiper settings. Now the windshield wipers won't come on at all, on any setting. The only time the wipers work is when I push the knob to clean the windshield. When I do this, the wipers will wipe the washer fluid off the windshield. Can you help me figure out what might be broken?

Wednesday, June 21st, 2006 AT 10:59 AM

VANDRAGON

Well the switch is broken for sure. But have you tried turning it back past the off position? Try doing that but only till it clicks once, then try turning the wipers on. It may not work if the stop tab is broken. Other than that it's a dealer part or junkyard part. If you could dissconnect the washer motor then you could use tape to hold the washer button down on rainy days.I wish you luck. Vandragon

Friday, June 23rd, 2006 AT 7:22 AM