Cool down test:
1. During this test, the system will monitor evaporator temperature sensor. The A/C system must be able to bring evaporator temperature down to a predetermined minimum level in less than two minutes.
2. To enter cool-down test, set parking brake. Ensure evaporator is at room temperature. Start and warm engine to normal operating temperature. With engine idling, turn blower switch to high. Turn mode switch to panel. Open all A/C outlets. Move temperature lever to full cold.
3. Press and hold rear wash and A/C buttons simultaneously for five seconds (until all LED's illuminate). All LED's should illuminate for five seconds. A/C and re-circulation button LED's will alternately flash during cool-down test. If A/C and re-circulation button LED's are flashing simultaneously, cool-down test has failed. Go to cool-down test failed.
4. After approximately sixty seconds, if only rear wiper button LED is flashing, calibration is successful and system is okay. If rear wiper and intermittent rear wiper button LED's are flashing, Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) are present, see reading diagnostic trouble codes under self-diagnostics.
5. To exit cool-down test at any time, press rear window defogger button, rear wiper button, re-circulation button, or cycle ignition off and then on. Test will automatically terminate fifteen minutes after cool-down test is entered.
Friday, August 22nd, 2008 AT 7:49 PM