COOLING FANS

1997 Chrysler Grand Voyager

baz2571

October, 16, 2009 AT 11:04 AM

Engine Cooling problem
1997 Chrysler Grand Voyager 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 11100 miles

hi I have just had head gaskets done on my voyager 3.3 1997 everything was fine but the fans will not cut in automatic like they should as when I brought car it was hot wired so the fans run permantley when running if I unplug this quick fix! The engine boils up after a while and the temp gauge says o.K middle of gauge because they r not cutting in like they should do u think the ecu is to blame for this as fans won't cut in automatic, and the person who owned it previous hot wired them for this reason i've checked ev ery thing else and this is my only lasdt thought can u help

ch112063

October, 17, 2009 AT 12:56 PM

THEY WERE WIRED TO BYPASS THE NORMAL WAY YHEY WORK. Sorry my cap keys are weird and " hot wired" like your fans, do you want me to help you put them back like factory new? Are you ok with wiring connection work. You will need to get a splice/crimp tool and a sensor. If no good we can do something better. OK

Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230