2004 Chrysler Concorde trans. Shift

KNATONICK
  • 2004 CHRYSLER CONCORDE
After highway driving, to exit ramp speed under normal braking, a jolt is felt, followed by upshift problem at 2nd to 3rd gear after car has been shut off and sat, trans. Function returns to normal. Also occurs occasionally at city speeds in cross town driving situations
Thursday, March 18th, 2010 AT 6:31 PM

Defaulting to second gear is "limp-in" mode which allows you to drive it slowly to a repair shop.

As a general rule, if it starts out in second gear right after starting the engine and shifting to "drive", it is sensor-related or a sensor detected a problem. If the default to limp-in occurs at the time of an upshift under load, it's usually slippage in one of the clutch packs. Defaulting during a downshift could be either problem. The ignition switch must be cycled off and the engine restarted to reset the Transmission Computer to get it out of limp-in.

Thursday, March 18th, 2010 AT 8:37 PM
KNATONICK
I appreciate the response to the situation, but apparently my bank account has been charged "twice" for my donation. I dont mind helping your cause, but I dont appreciate the double charge. Im sure you guys can fix this problem.
Monday, March 22nd, 2010 AT 5:52 PM
Hope I helped.

Thank you for the donation. I have a lot of trouble with things taking a really long time to respond with my "high speed" service so I punch keys multiple times. I hope you did something similar because I don't hear this from other people. I have no control over the bucks so I'm going to try to figure out how to transer your message to one of the administrators. Regardless, you should do the same thing. They are real busy so it can take them days to reply to my questions. By that time, I'll forget why I contacted them.

I got impatient a few nights ago when my 'puter stopped responding. I hit the "Submit" button over and over. Many minutes later things started working again and I found that my reply was posted over 20 times! Took many more minutes to delete all the duplicates.

If you don't get a reply in a day or two, reply here again or contact me directly at:

caradiodoc@verizon. Net

Thanks bunches;
caradiodoc
Monday, March 22nd, 2010 AT 6:31 PM