Code U1000 Stopped running while driving and it will not start up

NIKKI EARL
  • 2002 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
It started running bad (cutting out while driving, idling rough) finally died while my wife was driving and would not start again. She said it made a popping noise and smelt something bad. I have replaced crank sensor pick up coil, ignition module, catalytic converter, I have even put a new computer in it took it to the Chevrolet place had it programmed. That had it running for a minute now nothing again and I am getting a U1000 code now. I have done everything I can think of.
Friday, November 25th, 2016 AT 5:12 AM

It has to be scanned for codes first to see what is wrong not replace parts that may be good. The U1000 code is something a mechanic has to trace down because one module is not talking to the other. It could be a shorted wire etc. Also, fuel pressure must be checked. Which should be 60-66 psi. See link, but a mechanic will have to look at this anyhow to fix the U1000 code.
Friday, November 25th, 2016 AT 7:16 AM
NIKKI EARL
I am a mechanic with scan tool. Even the Chevrolet dealership cannot figure it out. They are the ones that programmed the computer. When they got done the brake and UBS lights are on. It ran for one day with new computer.
Friday, November 25th, 2016 AT 7:22 AM
Nik, I rarely read what the talent level is sorry but if this has happened since new computer was replaced and you are having the trouble that you state I would say it is not programmed correctly. Do you have a scanner that will read U codes and where it lies? It may be between abs and PCM check the ground for the PCM then if you have a tech 2 or one that will read this code see what module is messing up and check for battery voltage and ground on that particular one. Just for the heck of it you might check PCM for bent pins and good connections seeing as that is down on fender well make sure they used dielectric grease as well on connector to keep out water intrusion.
Friday, November 25th, 2016 AT 9:35 AM