A/C BLOWING HOT AIR CHEVY

Chevrolet Venture

minivan

August, 28, 2007 AT 7:41 PM

I just got the a/c filled up, on a 97 Chevy Venture 70,000 miles. The 1st five to ten minutes works good, after that its starts getting warm and a musty smell blows out. I took it to the machanic & said that it had pressure. I am taking it again to him, but I want to know what's going on w/it 1st and how much should I be charged for the problem. THANK YOU: ) NEW COMER TO YOUR PAGE!

fjclaus

October, 26, 2007 AT 10:23 PM

Minivan,

Did you ever get this problem fixed? I have the same issue on my 2001 Venture. A friend of mine filled it for me and it worked fine while he was here. Now it blows hot. I'm thinking it's the o-rings since I never had it filled or used it the first 6 months I had the van. My step-father who works for a muffler shop says it could also be the unit in front of the radiator.

Did you ever get yours fixed? If so what was the issue?

minivan

October, 26, 2007 AT 10:56 PM

Fjclaus,
yes I did get it fixed, it was the filters that were flithy. Bothare in the glove compartment. I didn't even know it existed. That fixed my problem, so you might want to check that. It cost me aorund $40. Oo w/the mechanic. But my husband said that anyone can do it & can save about $25 bucks. GOOD LUCK!

fjclaus

October, 27, 2007 AT 10:40 AM

Interesting. I have a 2001 venture so I'll have to look in the glove box. Was the filter spot marked, or did you have to look in your owners manual to find out where they were?

fjclaus

October, 27, 2007 AT 11:01 AM

Thank you soooooo much. I just went out and checked in my glove box. Not only do I have 2 air filters, they were FILTHY. They were covered in leaves and one has a rotting hole in the center of it. I bet that was my problem all along.

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace