95 S10 STIFF CLUTCH PEDAL

• bildo76
  • 1995 Chevrolet Truck

I have a 95 Chevy S10 with 4.3 V-6. The truck has about 198,000 miles on it. When I got the truck the hydraulic clutch was very stiff and it didnt release well until it was all the way down also when it was in gear it would engage just off the floor. When I pulled the trans out of it the pivot ball for the clutch arm had almost completely wore thru the clutch arm! I replace the pivot ball, clutch arm, clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, pilot bushing, throwout bearing retainer(quill) and had the flywheel resurfaced. Seeing the shape that the clutch arm was in I felt I found my problem. But when I got everything back together the clutch works a little better but I have the same problem. The clutch still engages just off the floor with the truck in gear and dont release until it is on the floor. Plus I still have a stiff clutch pedal. I was wondering if a clutch master cylinder could cause these problems? Any help would be great!
Thanks,
Bill

Friday, February 9th, 2007 AT 5:25 PM

• Jack42

It could. Unhook the clutch master arm to be sure the pedal travels freely on its own. If there is an adjustment on the rod for th emaster, adjust it to give some free-play in the pedal

Sunday, February 11th, 2007 AT 7:58 AM
  • M_H_RITZEL

You could try bleeding the hydraulic clutch system.
It is some what like bleeding brakes. But is the clutch
uses brake fluid and is located on the left side under the vehicle

Sunday, February 11th, 2007 AT 10:34 AM