91 Silverado Dies

PLOWBOYXI
  • 1991 CHEVROLET TRUCK
I have a 91 Chevy Silverado c1500, 130K miles. The engine has been changed from the original 4.3L to a 010 block 350, and a carberuator and HEI ignition has been installed. The in-tank fuel pump is still in, (with a regulator). After the carb was put on, the truck ran very well for about a month, but recently it has come up with a problem. The fuel pump cycles on when the key is turned on, the engine will start and run fine, but after about 30 seconds the truck will die. Looking at the wiring schematic, the Oil Pressure Sensor works fine, and the Fuel Pressure Relay is new. Is it the pump? Or am I right and if it works it works? I'm at the end of my rope and this has stumped quite a few people so far. HELP!
Wednesday, March 21st, 2007 AT 2:47 AM

KIN CHAN
U are kidding me. Put a volt meter on the power & grd with a pressure gage on the supply line. If voltage drop u know thats gotta be electrical on the fuel pump. If electrical holds up and pressure drop. Then it must be the pump. Now since it is just a low pressure pump. We don't have to go thru currentprobe. Volume flow all that high tech testing. Let me know how u come out. Msg me.
Good luck man
Wednesday, March 21st, 2007 AT 7:55 AM