CHEVY FUEL FILTER

2007 Chevrolet Truck

bbruno1422

December, 19, 2008 AT 12:58 PM

2007 Chevy Truck V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 60000 miles

how do I change fuel filter in my truck 6.6 diesel?

brian 1

December, 19, 2008 AT 1:46 PM

Remove the pass side wheelhouse panel, it will gain easy access to filter. Disconnect the water-in-fuel sensor wiring pigtail. Drain the fuel from the fuel filter. There is a tab you turn at the bottom of the water seperator at the bottom of the filter, after that unscrew the filter.(I use a big oil filter wrench)replace the filter and reome the water seperator from the old housing to the new one. Put it togther. Then you have to prime the sys, Remove the air cleaner outlet duct. Open the vent valve screw (1) by turning the screw counterclockwise several full turns.

Operate the priming pump (1) until a small amount of fuel seeps from the vent valve. Allow the pump to fully return upward between pumps. When fuel is present, the filter is full of fuel and the system is primed.
Close the vent valve screw.
Clean any fuel which accumulated on the fuel filter adapter.
Install the air cleaner outlet duct. Refer to Air Cleaner Outlet Duct Replacement.
Start the engine and allow the engine to idle for a few minutes.
When you are done reset the fuel filter life on the DIC.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic