2001 CHEVY TRUCK FUEL PUMP

• Remy
  • 2001 Chevrolet Truck

Other Category problem
2001 Chevy Truck V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 97000 miles

My truck stalled while it was parked and now won't start. It cranks over fine but just won't start. I couldn't hear the fuel pump so I checked the fuse and the relay, both werer fine. Then I changed the fuel filter left the oulet unhooked and tried starting it to see if there was fuel pressure and nothing came out, also I tried connecting a jumper wire from the prime to the battery and still nothing. So I hooked the truck to a computer and it read a faulty crankshaft position sensor. So my question is would this sensor cause the fuel pump not to work?

Thursday, January 24th, 2008 AT 9:22 PM

• rasmataz

When you turn the key On the computer energizes the the fuel pump relay for 2 secs only-disconnect the fuel pump connector have helper turn key to On at the same time be looking for power. No power at connector-Test the computer's fuel pump relay control.

Thursday, January 24th, 2008 AT 9:52 PM