1991 Chevy Truck Engine cranks but will not start (No Spark

PETER J. MACZIK III
  • 1991 CHEVROLET TRUCK
My engine cranks but will not start, I have no spark. I have a diagnostic program on my computer and I have done every troubleshooting test that pertains to the ignition system. I replaced my Distributor, HEI Module, Pick-Up Coil, Wires, Ignition Coil, Distributor Cap and Rotor, Electronic Spark Control Module, still no spark. I checked all my fuses, all ignition components have good ground, still no spark. All my ignition components have power. Still nothing. Before this happened I had starting problems. It would start cold but after the engine was warm sometimes the starter would not work. I replaced the starter and battery wire and it worked for a while, but then it started happening again. Now it has no spark. I was thinking the two problems were related but I don't no what else to check. I have even swapped out my ECM with one from my other truck that runs and it still won't spark.
Saturday, February 14th, 2009 AT 9:06 AM

MDORCEY
Check your oil pressure switch at the rear of the motor kinda under and behind the distributor, if that goes out the truck won't start to prevent engine damage from running without oil pressure, I am not sure but I would guess it would prevent spart which inturn wshould prevent fuel from spraying, it is a big mess, but I would start with that oil switch.
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009 AT 8:30 PM