1984 Chevy Monte Carlo

WILOUTBOY2
  • 1984 CHEVROLET TRUCK
I HAVE A 1984 CHEVY MONTE CARLO WITH A 350 ENGINE AND IT SEEMS TO CRANK AND DRIVES FOR A LITTLE WHILE THEN SHUTS OFF. AFTER VEHICLE SHUTS OFF I TRY AND RESTART VEHCILE AND IT WANT START UP. I LET THE CAR SIT FOR A WHILE THEN VEHICLES STARTS BACK UP. THE CAR JUST KEEPS DOING THIS WHAT MAY BE WRONG WITH IT. ALSO I HAVE REPLACED THE IGNITION MODULE ABOUT 3 TIMES WITHIN 3 MONTHS, WHAT CAN BE BURININ THE IGNITION MODULE OUT ALSO.
Friday, April 20th, 2007 AT 7:37 AM

Check the primary and secondary resistances of the coil-A short or lower-than-normal resistance in the primary windings allows excessive current to flow through the coil, which can quickly damage the ignition module. This also may reduce the coil s voltage output resulting in a weak spark, hard starting and hesitation or misfire under load or when accelerating.

HTH Good Luck
Friday, April 20th, 2007 AT 8:02 AM
WILOUTBOY2
WHAT ARE SOME SIGNS OF A BAD FUEL PUMP.
Friday, April 20th, 2007 AT 8:04 AM
IT SEEMS TO CRANK AND DRIVES FOR A LITTLE WHILE THEN SHUTS OFF. AFTER VEHICLE SHUTS OFF I TRY AND RESTART VEHCILE AND IT WANT START UP. I LET THE CAR SIT FOR A WHILE THEN VEHICLES STARTS BACK UP.

The best method to ID the pump is checking he fuel pressure.

Could also be a fuel pump relay, won't hurt to check the pressure regulator
Friday, April 20th, 2007 AT 8:36 AM