2007 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER POSSESED TRAILBLAZER

• ebrown1975
  • 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer

2007 Chevy Trailblazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 61000 miles

sometimes I go out to start my vehicle and there's nothing there. Totally dead no lights and no response to the key at all. The key wont even release from the ignition when this happens. After several attempts it usually starts and runs fine but I notice that when this happens my stereo is reset to 12 o'clock.

Saturday, June 19th, 2010 AT 9:48 AM

• factoryjack

Have you checked first of all the cleanliness and tightness of the battery connections.

Saturday, June 19th, 2010 AT 6:28 PM
  • ebrown1975

Yes, I checked the terminals for tightness and cleaned/replaced and grounds that showed any signs of corrosion. Had the battery and charging systems tested and all was fine

Monday, June 21st, 2010 AT 9:18 AM
  • factoryjack

You have got to have a loss of power, or poor connection somewhere close to the battery. How often does this occur? If the clock is losing power, the radio is losing it's constant source. When it happens, check with a test light that you have power to the stud at the underhood fuse block from the battery. If you have power at the stud, and it is still acting up, bang on the underhood electrical center and see if something happens. It looks like all power is distributed from the underhood fuse block. Check the connections, possibly disconnect and reconnect the harness connectors, and if the harness connectors are held by bolts, make sure they are tight.

Tuesday, June 22nd, 2010 AT 11:58 PM