2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer Wet driver side floor board

QUISHA
  • 2004 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER
I recently bought a used 04 trailblazer from and used auto shop the first day we got it we noticed the carpet was ruined with bad water damage so we asked it the vehicle had been underwater the sale an assured us it had not I looked up the car fax on it and it said it was not we have had it for about two weeks and noticed that the front drivers side floor board is still soaking wet can u tell me what I should do
Tuesday, April 14th, 2015 AT 1:25 PM

RIVERMIKERAT
It sounds like you need to figure out where it is leaking from and why. Is there a detectable odor? Is any of the weatherstripping around the door damaged? Can you see rust holes in the floorboards?
-1
Tuesday, April 14th, 2015 AT 1:31 PM
QUISHA
The Odor is ruined carpet mildew smell no rust by the the doors just the floorboard on the drivers side seems to stay wet can u tell me what I need to look into to try and have it repaired
Tuesday, April 14th, 2015 AT 1:44 PM
RIVERMIKERAT
I would replace the carpet. While doing so, check the condition of the floorboards. Repair can be anything from welding or soldering in a new piece to sealing holes with sealant.
+1
Tuesday, April 14th, 2015 AT 1:52 PM