99 CHEVY SQUEAL

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe

johnalexander

May, 28, 2007 AT 4:33 PM

99 Chevy 2 door 4wd Tahoe 5.7L 131,000 miles.
Recently started squealing near front passenger wheel when in gear moving forward slowly. Drive Belt replaced at 110,000 miles. Front brake pads, rear brake shoes replaced 115,000 miles, rotors and drums are the same as when I bought it at 80,000 miles. The squeal begins when releasing the brake from a stop and continues when idling/moving slowly until the vehicle is moving about 20-30 mph. Particularly bad in parking lots, at least thats when I can hear it the most, because the car is moving slowly. For all I know it could be making the noise on the highway but I can't hear it. No Check Engine Light. Stopping/Braking distance is normal. Brake Fluid is full. No other mechanical problems. Please Advise.

joshstoermer

August, 11, 2007 AT 2:28 PM

Did you find out what was causing it? My 2001 tahoe just started doing that. I'm taking it in to the chevy dealer on monday. The best I can tell is that it's coming from some part of the drive shaft. Hopefully it will be a cheap fix. Thanks

Engine Oil Change and Filter Replacement
Engine Oil Change and Filter BMW 5 Series