Fuel gauge not working

SBH123
  • 1999 CHEVROLET TAHOE

Electrical problem I have replaced the fuel pump now the fuel gauge is not working. What do I need to do?

Friday, March 20th, 2009 AT 10:37 PM

STEVESTROUD

Hello, name is Steve, my question is I just installed a delphi fuel pump, and new gt280 wire harness and gas gauge still does not work, please any info would be great

Thanks. Steve

Saturday, January 26th, 2013 AT 9:11 PM
2CARPROS KEN

First check your fuses if they are all good check the wires running from the sensor that tells the fuel gauge to fluctuate depending on how much gas is in the tank, what you may have done is when changing the fuel pump, you may have unplugged the sensor that tells how much gas is in the tank and you may have forgot to plug it back, if all these check out there is a fuel pump balance module that goes out in these cars, Here is a fuel pump wiring diagram and location of the module so you can do some testing and replace the module to get the problem fixed.

Please let us know what happens so it will help others.

Cheers, Ken

Thursday, August 17th, 2017 AT 8:41 PM