1995 Chevy Tahoe Interior lights

AIMELECTRIC530
  • 1995 CHEVROLET TAHOE
1995 Chevy Tahoe V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

Bought a used 95 tahoe with a whipple supercharger on it. When I test drove it things were fine brought it home washed it then parked it. An hour or so went by got in it to leave noticed that when I stepped on the gas while in drive interior lights came on. Put in reverse stepped on it no lights. Put in neutral revved a little and still no lights. Put back in drive and they came on. Came up to stop sign vehicle acted like it wanted to die picked back up to normal idle. There is also aftermarket alarm.
Wednesday, March 3rd, 2010 AT 9:41 PM

FACTORYJACK
The only thing that comes to mind after review, is the rear cargo door jamb switch. Theory would support this, as inertial force in drive would act against it, and not any other time. ALLDATA shows me a pretty poor illustration of a pin switch in the RH 'd' pillar, in the cargo door opening. It is shown in the schematic, as a two wire switch, colors purple and black. It looks like you can confirm this as the culprit, by first locating the switch, and then just disconnect it. If it doesn't exhibit the same symptom, you are on the right track. How is the adjustment on the rear door, and can you duplicate it by push/pull or rattling the door?
Saturday, March 6th, 2010 AT 2:21 AM

Sponsored links