CHEVY COLD LOWER RADIATOR HOSE

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe

tkczecheredflag

January, 3, 2010 AT 7:41 AM

Engine Cooling problem
1995 Chevy Tahoe V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 180000 miles

I have a heater problem 1995 Chevy Tahoe 5.7. No heat - I replaced the water pump and thermostat, flushed the core, inspected the contol valve, flushed th e radiator (lower hose cold to the touch upper hose hotter but not overheating), flushed engine at the lower hose and got return at the upper hose. Still no heat.

January, 3, 2010 AT 8:31 AM

Hi tkczecheredflag,

Thank you for the donation.

Do you mean the lower hose of the heater or radiator that is colder at than the upper hose?

Was this the reason for replacing the water pump and thermostat?

Did you check the air mix door operations?

tkczecheredflag

January, 3, 2010 AT 11:19 AM

Thanks for the reply - The Water Pump was leaking at the weep hole so I changed out the pump and thermostat. The lower hose I am referring to is the lower radiator hose - it's cool to the touch as is the coolant in the radiator. The heater core hose will warm up a bit but not much - and I am not overheating - go figure. I am concerned about the radiator since the lower hose is cool to the touch. If I forget about the heater issue for a moment, the cool lower hose seems odd. I am thinking if I can get that hose hot I will have heat. I did put in a second thermostat to make sure that the first change was good.

Radiator Hoses and Thermostat Replacement
Upper and Lower Radiator Hose Replacement
Radiator Hose Replacement - Upper - Chevrolet
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage