I have a 1997 suburban, 350 MFI, 230,000 miles,
1. It has has a hard shift out of first (tranny replaced last Oct. Never improved)
2. I replaced the Distributor, wires and plugs thnking the hard shift was a timing/ingnition issue that threw off the computer, Distributer was worn.
Reset the timing to TDC and pointing to "8".
3. Have a momentary studder/spudder that develops about 2300 rpm (I duplicated it in 3rd and 4th, nothing in first or second) under even pedal position. Not eveident under acceleration or deceleration.
4. Worked with someone and verfiied the tranny does not slip.
5. Disconnected the EGR problem goes away or barely noticable if at all.
6. Replaced EGR, connected and driveability issue (studder) came back- problem re-appeared NOT FIXED!
what are some suggested solutions? :
have the same problem?
Thursday, May 31st, 2007 AT 4:31 PM