2002 Chevy Suburban INSTRUMENT CLUSTER

CHVZKORA
  • 2002 CHEVROLET SUBURBAN
2002 Chevy Suburban V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

MY INSTUMENT CLUSTER IN MY 02 SUBURBAN IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY IT SHOWS A BATTERY SIGN ON THE MESSAGE CENTER BUT I HAVE CHECK MY BATTERY AND MY ALTERNATOR AND THEY ARE FINE. ALSO THE WIPERS DONT WORK NEITHER DOES THE AIR CONDITIONER, THE MILEGE, OR THE 4 WHEEL DRIVE, AND THE GAS AND TEMP GAUGES DONT READ ANYTHING. ANY IDEA WHAT THE CAUSE COULD BE
Saturday, October 11th, 2008 AT 11:46 PM

MICXIE
A bare wire somewhere shorted out and blew a fuse. In the engine compartment there is a large fuse box. Remove the cover and check the 50 amp fuses on the top row, one of them has blown. Find and fix the bare wire or this will happen again.
The reason this happens is when there is a short, the fuse will blow giving an indication that the battery is not charging. Then the system will shut down all unessessary electracal components in order to conserve battery power. Hope this solves your problem. Let me know if it does
Mike
+2
Wednesday, October 22nd, 2008 AT 6:57 AM
CHVZKORA
I have check my fuses and they are good. My battery even though the dash on the truck has the battery light has not run down it seems like the alternator is charging. The battery light has not turn off and my car runs fine the only problem is that my gauges(fuel and temp), 4*4, high beams, air conditioner, mileage and my wipers dont work
+1
Thursday, October 23rd, 2008 AT 3:59 PM
MICXIE
Hi
Are we talking about the chevy suburban 2002 or the pickup truck. Refuring to the 02 suburban, you have blown a fuse somewhere. Did you check all of the 50 amp fuses? By taking them out and looking to see if the contact was burnt? In the engine compartment on the drivers side there is a large black box like component with writing on the top that says Electrical center. Remove that cover and you will see about 45 or 50 fuses. On the top row there is 8 fuses1-60 amp 3-50 amp 2-40 amp and 2-30 amp, One of those fuses has blown most likely the 50 amp one. You have to check these fuses by removing them one at a time and looking at them. If these fuses are good then the short is still active and keeping one of the relays open. Look for the short at the wires below the emergancy brake, going up thru the dashboard Do you know when this problem started did you step on the emergancy brake real hard and it started the problem Try to remember how it started did you install any new components, look for the short there. Let me know how you make out
Mike
+1
Friday, October 24th, 2008 AT 6:47 AM
MICXIE
Hi
I forgot to mention that if you check the fuses and they are all good. Then all indications point to the alternator not charging. Make absolutely sure the alternating is charging. If it isnt then that is your problem Replace the alternator.
Mike
Friday, October 24th, 2008 AT 6:57 AM
CHVZKORA
I double check the fuses in the engine compartment and I found that a 50 amp fuse was blown. And I found the wire that blew the fuse under the dash thanks alot
Friday, October 24th, 2008 AT 1:07 PM
MICXIE
Im very glad that you found your problem and fixed it. Thanks for letting me know, it also makes me feel good that I helped you. PLAY IT FOWARD
Mike
Saturday, October 25th, 2008 AT 6:12 AM
MICXIE
Just for my couriosity
Where was the short
Mike
Saturday, November 8th, 2008 AT 8:29 AM