1999 Chevy Suburban crank shaft sensor

KARWERNER
  • 1999 CHEVROLET SUBURBAN
I installed a new 5.7 L engine in this vehicle. The subburan is running but is giving me a prom code of 1345. Installed new ckp and checked prom - for ground [ black wire or"B"] This is good. Checked prom+ for voltage=11.47 volts[pink wire or"C"]. Checked pulse or yellow wire while cranking vehicle over this 4x pulse signel sending to ECM is good. Also did relearn on ckp, Still comming up with the same code. Where do I go from here?
Tuesday, January 26th, 2010 AT 9:25 AM

RACEFAN966
This code is the sequence of the cam and cranksensor. According to the code with the tests that you have done it time to check the distributor. Make sure the shaft is tight and the rotor isn't turning on the shaft and so on. You may need to replace the distributor. Let me know what you find.
Tuesday, January 26th, 2010 AT 10:02 AM
KARWERNER
Would timing being off at the distributor give me the same code 1345?
Tuesday, January 26th, 2010 AT 11:22 AM
KARWERNER
Checked dist. Rotor not moving, shaft tight, changed pick up in dist. Same code 1345. Do I need to reflash the ECM?
Tuesday, January 26th, 2010 AT 2:29 PM
RACEFAN966
Ok the code is telling us that the cam and crank sensor do not agree with each other. So what needs to be done is this. You will need a scan tool. You will plug in the scan tool and then start the truck and monitor the rpm does it go up and down twice? If not the crank sensor is bad. If the rpm does go up and down twice then you will need to check timing with the scan tool. So again plug in start engine and raise rpm to 1000 rpm and monitor the timing does it retard 2 degrees and then advance 2 degrees? Let me know what this brings and we will go from there. Also check for timing chain strech. What you do here is remove the distributor cap and turn the crank manualy till the rotor starts to move now turn it back the other way and till distributor moves not how many degrees of timing did it take the rotor to move from one direction to the next. Get back to me.
Wednesday, January 27th, 2010 AT 10:47 AM
KARWERNER
The chevy 350 or 5.7L has no play in the timming chan this is new GM crate engine. I am replacing the distributer for this came out of old engine.
Wednesday, January 27th, 2010 AT 1:21 PM
RACEFAN966
Ok let me know how it goes.
Thursday, January 28th, 2010 AT 10:12 AM
KARWERNER
Ended up reflashing ECM, took care of problem
Thursday, January 28th, 2010 AT 12:58 PM
RACEFAN966
Great glad to hear it. It must have been in need of the updating.
+1
Friday, January 29th, 2010 AT 10:28 AM