1998 Chevy Suburban New fuel pump not working

MATTGUITAR
  • 1998 CHEVROLET SUBURBAN

1998 Chevy Suburban V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 111000 miles

The truck died a couple of months back and I determined the fuel pump wasn't working. I replaced the relay and the pump. Now the pump is not working again. I also replaced the ignition control module. When I turn the key to the on position, the theft deterrent system makes a double clicking noise. I can't recall if that is normal. With the key on, I have closed the contact on the relay and still don't get the fuel pump on. The fuses are all good. I suspect that this is either the theft deterrent system or the ignition cylinder. How do I determine where the fault is before I pour more money into parts. Thanks for any help.

Thursday, May 1st, 2008 AT 8:56 AM

BUZZSAW

Does it crank or turn over? While its turning over is the scurity light on? Theft sys disables the starter

I need your engine size for a wirring diagram for the pump and if you have duel tanks

Thursday, May 1st, 2008 AT 10:37 AM
MATTGUITAR

I need your engine size for a wirring diagram for the pump and if you have duel tanks[/quote:645c956fe8]

Turns over fine. The security light stays on for the first few seconds of cranking and then goes out.

It's a 5.7 (350) with single tank. Thanks for the quick response.

Thursday, May 1st, 2008 AT 11:16 AM
BUZZSAW

I need your engine size for a wirring diagram for the pump and if you have duel tanks[/quote:8900f61e0e]

It's a 5.7 (350) with single tank. Thanks for the quick response.[/Quote:8900f61e0e]

one other thing 1500 series or 2500 series

Thursday, May 1st, 2008 AT 11:51 AM
MATTGUITAR

I need your engine size for a wirring diagram for the pump and if you have duel tanks[/quote:80ccecd40c]

It's a 5.7 (350) with single tank. Thanks for the quick response.[/Quote:80ccecd40c]

one other thing 1500 series or 2500 series[/quote:80ccecd40c]

K1500

Thursday, May 1st, 2008 AT 12:00 PM
BUZZSAW

I need your engine size for a wirring diagram for the pump and if you have duel tanks[/quote:3e77ec98da]

It's a 5.7 (350) with single tank. Thanks for the quick response.[/Quote:3e77ec98da]

one other thing 1500 series or 2500 series[/quote:3e77ec98da]

K1500[/quote:3e77ec98da]

ok hope your good with wiring diagrams, you can call me if you need some help reading them

765-387-0038

Thursday, May 1st, 2008 AT 12:09 PM
BUZZSAW

I need your engine size for a wirring diagram for the pump and if you have duel tanks[/quote:3baf9f824d]

It's a 5.7 (350) with single tank. Thanks for the quick response.[/Quote:3baf9f824d]

one other thing 1500 series or 2500 series[/quote:3baf9f824d]

K1500[/quote:3baf9f824d]

765-387-0038[/quote:3baf9f824d]

you my have to give me your e-mail so I can send them to you

David

Thursday, May 1st, 2008 AT 12:12 PM