1985 CHEVY SPECTRUM OVERHEAT

• mokea
  • 1985 Chevrolet Spectrum

1985 Chevy Spectrum 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 75000 miles

My chevy spectrum's upper radiator hose bursted and since then it runs hot whenever I turn it on. It doesnt matter if idling or driving. I replaced the hoses, thermostat and fluid. Still runs hot. Is this a chain reaction from the bursted hose? What are the possible other reasons for the overheating?

Monday, August 31st, 2009 AT 11:49 AM

• JDL

Other than the temp gage, are there any other indications of the engine getting hot? If it is too hot it should pop the radiator cap, water will run out on the ground or the overflow bottle fills up. If you got the engine too hot, it could have caused a bunch of problems. Any water in the oil, oil in the water? Is there coolant flow through the radiator, maybe an air bubble somewhere?

Monday, August 31st, 2009 AT 12:59 PM
  • mokea

I have heard the water bubbling but turn off the engine b4 it did anything else. I've seen steam coming from the air duct. Yesterday I saw some water(brown tinted) leaking out from the engine

Friday, September 4th, 2009 AT 1:47 AM
  • JDL

If you have a water leak, you need to find it.

Friday, September 4th, 2009 AT 8:35 AM