Leaking antifreeze

LUCKIECOWGIRL
  • CHEVROLET SILVERADO
2000 chevy silverado 1500 x- cab 4.3 v-6
truck has been leaking antiffreeze, doesn't overheat but there is a strong odor of antifreeze in cab? Heatercore? How do I replace it if this is the problem?
Tuesday, September 4th, 2007 AT 11:46 PM

MERLIN2021
You might wanna give us a hint as to what year and engine size?
Wednesday, September 5th, 2007 AT 2:21 AM
LUCKIECOWGIRL
2000 chevy silverado 1500 x-cab 4.3 v-6
Wednesday, September 5th, 2007 AT 12:48 PM
MERLIN2021
Listen cowgirl, Have you ever done A/C work? Well thats tame compared to tackling a heater core. The a/c and core and the entire a/c plenum are removed from the truck taken apart and faulty parts replaced.
Plenum put back together, reinstalled in truck a/c recharged, coolant refilled, and then hopoe you didn't mess anything up. Cause then you get to do it again! It's maybe 10 hours of hard labor, if youv'e done one before! Still wanna try it? I will get diagrams if you do!
Wednesday, September 5th, 2007 AT 1:02 PM
LUCKIECOWGIRL
Listen mr. Fixit
Your advice was to my dissapointment of no help at all and here I thought u knew everything.
Well despite your lack of info I did some further research and managed to temporarily fix the problem by bypassing the heater all together giving me some more time to fix the problem correctly. So if its not too much trouble for u and since I now have the time I would appreciate those diagrams anyhow! If you ever decide you want to learn to ride a horse u just let me know I'll be sure and show u the ropes
Thanks LUCKIE :wink:
Wednesday, September 5th, 2007 AT 1:30 PM