88 K1500 wont start

DIEHARD40
  • CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I have a 1988 K1500, 350 with automatic trans, the truck has around 265,000 miles on it.

It quit on me the other day while driving it.
sounded like a fuel pump (as I have replaced the fuel pump a couple of times)

The truck did this a few years ago as well and I ended up changing the ignition coil to fix that.

this time I have changed the fuel pump, fuel filter, ignition coil, fuel pump relay, and checked fuel pump fuse.

What could I be missing?
the truck turns over just sounds like it isn't getting any gas.
I did pull the injectors the other day and thy had fuel in them. Could it be the inj filters?
or the pressure regulator?

if you put a little gas in the carb it sound as if it is catching, but not enough there to keep it going.
Wednesday, July 18th, 2007 AT 1:06 PM

TOMPEACH90
Yano I have had the same problem with my 89 silverado 1500. It has about the same amount of miles as yours and the exact same symptoms. In my reserch I have come across a part called a EGR valve. Apparently if this valve is stuck opn it causes a massive air leak in turn causing it not to start. Its worth a shot
Tuesday, July 31st, 2007 AT 1:47 PM
DIEHARD40
Tompeach
thanks
Is there a way to check and see if the EGR valve is faulty?
Tuesday, July 31st, 2007 AT 2:34 PM