Security system

RRACERGUY717
  • 2004 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 115K miles

My truck will start and shut off when I release the key. The door locks wont work all of a sudden on either side, dome light not working. Radio displays time but wont work. Seems like the theft system is not releasing for some reason I was thinking it has a bad door lock module can someone point me in the right direction Thanks Bob.G
Wednesday, November 11th, 2009 AT 4:36 AM

SERVICE WRITER
Yes you are on the right track their is a driver door lock module that goes out all the time here is the location and the instructions on how to program it

PROGRAMMING THEFT DETERRENT SYSTEM COMPONENTS

PROGRAMMING REPLACEMENT PASSLOCK SENSOR, BCM, OR PCM

IMPORTANT:
The body control module (BCM) must be programmed with the proper RPO configurations before performing learn procedures. See Body Control Module (BCM) Programming/RPO Configuration.
If replacing the BCM with a GM Service Parts Operations (SPO) replacement part, the module will learn Passlock sensor data code immediately. The existing PCM, however, must learn the new fuel continue password when the BCM is replaced.
If replacing a powertrain control module (PCM) with a GM Service Parts Operations (SPO) replacement part, after programming, these modules will learn the incoming fuel continue password immediately upon receipt of a password message. Once a password message is received, and a password is learned, a learn procedure must be performed to change this password again. A PCM which has been previously installed in another vehicle will have learned the other vehicle's fuel continue password and will require a learn procedure after programming to learn the current vehicles password.
CONDITIONS
Use this procedure after replacing:
Passlock Sensor
BCM
PCM
LEARN PROCEDURES
There are 2 available methods to perform the programming procedure:
A 10 minute procedure which requires a Tech 2 and a techline terminal.
A 30 minute procedure which does not require the use of any tools.
10 MINUTE LEARN PROCEDURE

TOOLS REQUIRED
Tech 2
Techline terminal with current Service Programming System (SPS) software
Connect the Tech 2 to the vehicle.
Select "Request Information" under "Service Programming".
Disconnect the Tech 2 from the vehicle and connect it to a techline terminal.
On the techline terminal, select "Theft Module Re-Learn" under "Service Programming".
Disconnect the Tech 2 from the techline terminal and connect it to the vehicle.
Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Select "Program ECU" under "Service Programming".
Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON, vehicle will not start.
Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF; the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.
Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
Start the engine; the vehicle has now learned the password.
With the Tech 2 scan tool, clear any DTCs.
30 MINUTE LEARN PROCEDURE
Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON; the vehicle will not start.
Observe the SECURITY telltale; after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes ; the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.
IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password.
With a scan tool, clear any DTCs, if needed. History DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles.

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken
Wednesday, November 11th, 2009 AT 5:11 AM
RRACERGUY717
There NO lights flashing I will try the relearn process and see what happens Ill let you know thanks Bob
-1
Wednesday, November 11th, 2009 AT 5:20 PM
SERVICE WRITER
Well, I'm not sure if the no start and the other issues are related. If they are, I would be leaning to wires (not ignition) shorting out or a body control module issue.

Let's treat them separate at this point and go after the most important one.

Regarding the no start:

Have you checked for any codes in the pcm yet?
Check fuel pressure..(I assume a 5.3 liter). Critical that it is right in spec.
There have been issues with e-85 fuel. Spray some carb cleaner in to the throttle body and see if you can run it off the carb cleaner for a few moments.
Check for presence of spark.

Check under the driver's seat for chafed wiring:

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/30961_xsil_1.jpg

What did you find out?
Thursday, November 12th, 2009 AT 5:18 AM
RRACERGUY717
Its been a while but I havnt had time to work on truck until now.

!) When cranking the truck will start but then shuts off like its not getting fuel.
2) try to pull codes and it wont communicate
3)I bought a new BCM had it coded correctly still same problem as above
4) looked under seat dont see any bare wring problems.

LMK what you think to check next thanks Bob.G
Saturday, May 15th, 2010 AT 5:06 AM
SERVICE WRITER
We need to get communication back. Check for a blown fuse for the DLC. IF it is, replace it and recheck for communication.
Monday, May 17th, 2010 AT 7:22 AM
RRACERGUY717
FYI and others it was a bad PCM.

Got water up into wiring harness/main connector at PCM and shorted out PCM. Installed used PCM and That problem was solved.
+1
Monday, August 30th, 2010 AT 3:18 PM