CHEVY BATTERY DRAIN

2004 Chevrolet Silverado

nate01

2004 Chevy Silverado 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 16700 miles

My truck drains its battery faster than I think it should. I don't drive it daily, and if you let it sit more than about 2 days, there won't be enough voltage in the battery for the truck to start. (Especially in cold weather) The battery was new 4 months ago. I got a load tester and the battery tested fine, I also had the alternator bench tested and it put out 14.5-14.8 volts and the diodes were okay.

Today I pulled fuses with the ignition switch off to see if any of them drew amps and found four fuses that did:

Radio- 0.63amps
IPC/DIC- 0.4
TBC BATT- 0.06
HVAC/ECAS- 0.02

Is there any reason that the radio is drawing 0.63 amps? There is some kind of security feature on it, and a red light that blinks all the time, might that be the problem and is there anyway to turn that off?

Service Writer

I'm not sure if this will help or not, but I have seen similiar chevys that will not let the bcm go into sleep mode if there is a dvd in the player.

Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006