2001 CHEVY SILVERADO WON'T START SOMETIMES

• tlsbub12
  • 2001 Chevrolet Silverado

2001 Chevy Silverado V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 47000 miles

turn key, most times starts. Sometimes turn key, no sounds, all lights, radio works. Had new battery, ingnition switch installed. Diagnostic at dealer, no problem noted.&Quot; Problem seemed to start" after remote (for power-locks) went dead, then I used key only to enter(drivers door). When key is put into ignition, I hear a click in the drivers door(powerlock), then turn key another click, and NO START!Last no start, wife locked all doors, used key to enter pass side, put in key and it started!Happens every so often, like once a week or two. Dealer is at a lost. I believe its in the drivers door, with the power locks and when key is installed. HELP. Has been going on for 2 months. Thanks in advance

Wednesday, March 12th, 2008 AT 9:49 AM

• rhall77

Sounds like a security issue. Did you replace the battery for the key fob? Did they check for codes? Whay codes did they find?

Wednesday, March 12th, 2008 AT 10:19 AM
  • tlsbub12

I had goodyear install battery. The Chevy dealership did Diagnostic. I will call the dealership where the truck is at and ask them about the codes. I guess with Chevy's when something is change, replaced they have to reset things. Goodyear would not know that. Thanks

Wednesday, March 12th, 2008 AT 10:31 AM