CHEVY I DON'T KNOW

2001 Chevrolet Silverado

rodriddle

May, 11, 2010 AT 8:35 PM

2001 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 160000 miles

I have this truck that seems to backfire through the air intake and hesitate to maintain idle rpms. I have switched out the spark plugs, switched out the fuel filter cleaned the mass air device and the throttle control valve but am still having the problem. Now on top of that when I press ther accelerator too fast it seems to loose power. I need to know whats up, THANX

Jack42

May, 11, 2010 AT 8:45 PM

Need to check fuel pressure with a manual gauge to be sure it is in spec. They are sensetive to the correct amount of pressure to make the system work. Is the check engine light on? If so have the PCM scanned to see what trouble codes it may have stored.

rodriddle

May, 11, 2010 AT 9:05 PM

How do I check the fuel pressure? The check engine light is on

Jack42

May, 11, 2010 AT 9:17 PM

There is a schrader valve (Like a tire) on the fuel rail you will need to use a manual gauge to see what pressure you have. If the light is on, it needs to be scanned, I would probably do this first, as it may lead to the fix without it being af uel pressure issue

rodriddle

May, 11, 2010 AT 9:19 PM

Thanx will go that way

Jack42

May, 11, 2010 AT 9:20 PM

Lemme know what code/codes you get

Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Toyota Tacoma
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Ford Explorer 1995