CHEVY FAN

2001 Chevrolet Silverado

rjou319

November, 13, 2009 AT 12:27 PM

Heater problem
2001 Chevy Silverado V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 60000 miles

The blower for the heating/air conditioning fan does not work on speeds 1 and 2. It only works on settings 3, 4 and 5. I've pulled the switch and checked the wiring hraness and haven't found any obvious cause. Should I buy a new switch and hope that solves the problem?

Thank you for the prompt replies. I could check the voltage if I had a clue how to go about it, but I must admit that isn't something I'm familiar with. A co-worker suggested the resistor as well, however, I'm having trouble locating it. Any help with either of these dilemmas would be appreciated.

Rear Blower Not Working

shovelhead jimmy

November, 13, 2009 AT 12:33 PM

On the heater box under the hood there is a blower motor switch, that was the problem with mine

November, 13, 2009 AT 12:41 PM

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_silverado_heater_1.jpg

Welcome to the forum, I'd check voltage on the circuits at different speeds. If voltage is ok, I suspect the resistor assembly.

rjou319

November, 19, 2009 AT 11:36 PM

Probably should have posted follow-up here. I'm not real clear on how to measure the voltage, but a co-worked mentioned the resistor assembly as well. I'm having a little trouble locating it though. Any help on either problems would be appreciated.

November, 20, 2009 AT 9:11 AM

You can use a testlite on the wires for the blower speeds. In the diagram you have one wiring color for each speed, take the connector loose from resistor assembly. key on, havc turned on, switch through the speeds, while you use a testlite at the proper wiring color at connector. If everything is hot, probably ok up to that point.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_silverado_blower_resistor_1.jpg

The resistor assembly is under passenger side of dash, number 5 in the picture.

Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement