CHEVY ODOMETER WONT LIGHT UP

2000 Chevrolet Silverado

JBuckley

August, 13, 2008 AT 9:42 PM

2000 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I recently purchased a 2000 Silverado Z-71 from a trusted dealership, today (Day 2) the odometer seemed to just " go out" wont light up. I looked at fuses and everything, tried turning truck off and on several times and nothing. I have no idea when my next oil change will happen or if im in the right gear for driving.

Odometer Stopped

Speeodmeter And Odometer

Jetsa

August, 13, 2008 AT 10:17 PM

There is a fuse titled " Ign1" in the fuse block in the left side of the dash. If that fuse is good, you need a new or replacement instrument cluster. Not uncommon.

Duramax2003

August, 14, 2008 AT 3:35 PM

klp888

September, 3, 2008 AT 7:02 PM

I have the same problem with just the odometer and drive selector being out on my 99 silverado. I have yet to find a solution and I have checked the fuses. Another user suggested changing the battery but I'm not sure how that would help?

V8MGBV8

October, 27, 2008 AT 3:09 PM

Fixed this problem on my 2000 Silverado after a year of intermitten & a year of not working. Traced it to a bad solder joint on the underside of the odometer display. Probably the same issue for most of these.

clcnew

March, 7, 2009 AT 1:24 PM

The previous poster was correct, there is a weak solder point inside the cluster, I have created a website dedicated to fixing the problem since I couldn't find a solution anywhere on the net. The address is www. Mrfixit. Webnode. Com please go there and review it, and let me know if you completed the repairs, I'm sure the problem is basically universal accross the board for most of the trucks involved. Thanks

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Coolant Temperature Sender Replacement
Window Switch Replacement and Test