CHEVY NO HEAT AT IDLE

2000 Chevrolet Silverado

noluck37

December, 18, 2007 AT 2:00 PM

Heater problem
2000 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 99840 miles

hi I have a 2000 silverado 1500 w/ 5.3 and when I am at an idle, at a stop light the heat turns cold then when I take off to a higher rpm it gets warm there are no leaks in the system also I replaced the thermostat the inside of the truck was always very hot now it barley gets warm enough to melt ice off the windshield the temp gauge on the dash always read 190 or so and never moves when the truck gets warmed up thank you for any suggestions thank you noluck37

No Heat

shorty474

December, 26, 2007 AT 11:08 AM

[quote=" noluck37" ]Heater problem

I have the same problem that just began with mine. I too, do not have system leaks etc. Would be intersted in hearing any responses you recieve.

noluck37

December, 26, 2007 AT 9:41 PM

I flushed my heater core took both hoses off and then made a snall hose with garden hose of it and put it on one side and then put another on the other side to stop the water from going all over the motor then turned the water on very easy for a few min then I reversed it through the other side very easy it worked great I have had great heat ever since I had to fill it and made sure there was no air in the line also I blew on both the feed and exit hose to make sure nothing was in the hoses hope it helps

Gilbert Castro

December, 26, 2007 AT 10:13 PM

Sounds like a vacuum leak to the heater control valve. When the idle is low their is not enough vacuum to open the valve and when you accelerate the vacuum is high again to open it

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement