1994 Chevy Silverado 4 wheel drive

SKIP LAWTON
  • 1994 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
My truck has the 4-wheel drive shift selector in the floor. It is a manual selector, not a switch. When I select 4-wheel high or 4-wheel low it feels like it engages. What I am basing this on is when it is in 4-wheel low the gear ratio drops. My question is: Is there an electric switch in the system that activates the 4-wheel drive much like locking hubs. I do not have locking hubs. There is no noise or grinding but the front wheels do not activate. Nor does the indicator light show that they do. I have checked the bulb, the front wheels just do not pull. I am thinking that there is an electrical switch in the system somewhere that activates both the light and the front axle
Look forward to your response.
Monday, December 28th, 2009 AT 9:18 AM

DANCACCAMO
Mr. Lawton, my name is Dan, I am having the same trouble with the same vehicle. Please sir if you find a resolution to this problem, could you let me know also, and I will return the favor if find an answer proir to you. My email is djcacc2@yahoo. Com
Tuesday, December 29th, 2009 AT 11:43 AM
JOEAMOS101
There is a actuater on the front diff that may be bad had to replace it on my 94 and 97 give that a try
Monday, January 11th, 2010 AT 7:29 PM