2003 Chevy S-10 Octane Booster

• 1 POST
  • 2003 CHEVROLET S-10

Other Category problem
2003 Chevy S-10 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 49500 miles

Since I have had my truck new, I have used the STP octane booster with a full tank of premium gas when ever I have needed that little something extra especially when I am hauling a big load. So far I have been happy with my results. However, I have an extra heavy load coming up for the size of truck which I will be traveling through some pretty steep mountains approx. 2000-2500lbs. So, would it be safe to add 24oz plus a full tank of premium gas rather than my normal 12oz plus the tank of gas? Would it be a problem? I would like to know everything inside and out of my question please. Thx!

Tuesday, February 12th, 2008 AT 3:36 AM

Dont put it in there as it wont do much more power for you and could make it run rougher, octane booster will not give you much better performance, the 12 oz is designed specifically best for engine performance.

Clean your MAF sensor and try to run the vehicle in overdrive lockout so you get better speed going up the hills and less strain on the engine.

Monday, March 17th, 2008 AT 9:04 PM