2002 Chevy S-10 noise crackling or buzzing in speakers.

ROBBIEDEE
  • 2002 CHEVROLET S-10

2002 Chevy S-10 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 61000 miles

does not happen when the radio is on by its self, When I turn the truck on then I get a crackling/ buzzing noise coming through the speakers. On FM station sounds like AM station sometimes. It will go in and out some times, wandering if there would be a short somewhere and how to pin point it. Noise stay the same when the RPM go up. Any help would help. Also what would be a good site to look up recalls. Thank you Robbie

Thursday, January 3rd, 2008 AT 9:10 PM

MHPAUTOS

Check power and earths at radio and connections at speakers, fit a radio suppressor to the alternator and coil if conventional coil is fitted. Also a bad earth at the antenna or a poor quality antenna will do this. I don't know about a re call site, for public use, professional sights have access to this information only, contact you dealer they will advise on any re calls as well.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Thursday, January 3rd, 2008 AT 9:25 PM