1. Relieve the fuel pressure. Refer to Fuel Pressure Relief Procedure. See: Fuel Pressure Release Service and Repair
2. Remove the fuel filter quick-connect fitting.
3. Remove the fuel filter nut.
4. Remove the clamp bolt.
5. Remove the filter and the clamp from the fuel pipes.
6. Remove the clamp from the filter.
NOTE: Always re-attach the fuel lines and fuel filter with all original type fasteners and hardware.
Do not repair sections of fuel pipes.
1. Install the clamp to the fuel filter.
2. Install the filter and clamp to the fuel pipes.
3. Install the clamp bolt.
4. Install the fuel filter nut.
5. Install the fuel filter quick-connect fitting.
6. Connect the negative battery cable.
7. Inspect for fuel leaks through the following steps:
7.1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position for 2 seconds .
7.2. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position for 10 seconds .
7.3. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
7.4. Check for fuel leaks.
To release the fuel pressure you can remove the fuel pump fuse and keep starting it till it will no longer start anymore.
Tuesday, August 24th, 2010 AT 12:56 PM