CHEVY MY TRUCK WILL CRANK THEN STUT DOWN AFTER A

1991 Chevrolet S-10

BunchVan

October, 6, 2010 AT 9:26 PM

1991 Chevy S-10 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 200000 miles

My truck has a 2.8L engine with the TBI fuel injection. My truck will crank but then shuts down after a few seconds. I replaced the fuel pump 3 months ago. Yesterday I replaced the fuel filter, and the fuel pressure regulator and the temperature coolant sensor. I have cleaned the EGR valve; I can push the diaphram in and out rather easily. If I unplug the temperature coolant sensor, the truck will crank and run like a new one for about 15-20 seconds and then shut down; then it will not crank unless I unhook the battery for 15 seconds and then it does the same thing as long as the temperature sensor is unplugged. I tried another temperature coolant sensor and it does the same thing.

October, 7, 2010 AT 9:57 AM

Cranking is starter action. You say the vehicle runs for a few seconds and dies? Any applicable trouble codes? When you get into no code diagnostics, the list of possible causes can be long. Unplugging the cts may cause the system to go rich. Use a gage and check fuel pressure.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_possible_causes_1.jpg

Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang