TRANSMISSION PROBLEM

Chevrolet

1992 Chevy Truck

I have a 1992 Chevy Truck, 5.7L, 700R4 tranny. Not sure on the mileage. It says 68000, but not sure if that is actual. The truck will not shift out of 1st gear, and the speedo won't work. The tranny has been replaced with one that came out of a truck that was working. The problem persisted. I read on here that it may be the ignition switch. I replaced the ignition switch. The problem still persists. I thought maybe the computer was bad. I replaced the computer, but had to use the same chip. The problem still persists. The fluid is good. Is it electrical? Could it be the computer chip?

1992 Chevy Truck

Any ideas?

mathiaso

Do you mean after you changed the transmission, the 1st gear and the speedo still do not work?
Clutch release problems may be the cause. Shift linkage problems, both internal and internal will also cause the transmission to lock in a gear. Check the adjustement of the linkage. Make sure that the linkage or cable is not binding.
Stuck interlock or detent pins or balls will also prevent the desengagement of gear. So will binding or damaged synchronizer parts, which prevent the sliding action of the sleeve and hub : )

1992 Chevy Truck

Yeah, after changing the tranny, the same problem is still there.

Replace Ignition Switch
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement